Krytox® Performance Lubricants Lubed-For-Life Electric Motors.
Krytox® performance lubricants make their biggest impact on a plant’s bottom line. Krytox® greases have been proven to eliminate premature motor failures associated with bearing lubrication for the 7.5 year industry average lifetime of electric motors. By eliminating the need for re-lubrication, Krytox® greases may allow for:
- Avoidance of increased manpower and additional re-lubrication equipment
- Reduced life cycle costs by preventing downtime due to motor lubricant failure
- cost effective, simplified process to consistently run electric motors
With approximately 40-60% of electric motor failures related to bearings, it’s easy to see why proper lubrication can be so important to a motor’s life and reliability. Krytox® greases are exceptional because they do not oxidize; meaning deposits that can affect bearing life are prevented from developing. Plus, their enhanced film-forming ability decreases bearing wear. On top of these features, Krytox® greases are also:
- Non-flammable and offer extremely high tolerance to heat and chemicals
- Capable of providing twice the lubrication film thickness to help protect the bearing surfaces
- Chemically inert, with oxidative stability
- Resistant to corrosion and rust during storage and in wet environments
- Not miscible with steam and water
- Free of VOCs and chlorinated materials
Contact a Krytox® Performance Lubricants consultant today to find out more about how Krytox® greases can impact both your electric motor reliability and your bottom line.