Krytox® Performance Lubricants for Extreme High Temperature and Low Temperature Applications.
What kind of lubricant would best suit your operating needs? One that stands up to tough temperature extremes? One that can save you time and cost? Krytox® lubricants do both. These synthetic lubricants offer outstanding performance at temperatures from two degrees Kelvin (2º above absolute zero). Krytox® lubricants for low temperatures have pour points that are lower than -75 ºC (-103 ºF). Even below these temperatures, Krytox® lubricants are not damaged. When they return to a fluid state, they will continue to lubricate as before. At extreme low temperatures, Krytox® has even been used to improve heat transfer in cryostats.
Contact us for assistance with your sub-zero applications.
High Heat Applications.
When the heat is really on, you need a high temperature grease or high temperature oil that can take it without performance degradation. Krytox® XHT synthetic lubricants are specially formulated for extreme high-temperature applications. Krytox® XHT is a perfluoropolyether- (PFPE-) based polymer composed of fluorine, oxygen and carbon. No hydrogen is present in the molecule, resulting in exceptional stability and non-flammability.
Targeted for use in the very high-temperature range, these ultra-high-temperature-grade oils and greases offer low evaporation and remarkably stable lubrication performance at temperatures above the range of normal PFPE-based oils or conventional hydrocarbon-based lubricants. Krytox® XHT lubricants are available in several grades that offer anticorrosion, extra bonding, and non-melting properties. These lubricants serve a variety of industries, including chemical, textile, tire, aviation, conveyor, oil and gas, glass, plastic film, and non-woven manufacturing, as well as mining and metal processing.
Krytox® XHT lubricants offer a host of operational benefits, including:
- Non-flammable — Krytox® XHT will not burn or support combustion, even in 100% liquid or gaseous oxygen — providing high-temperature stability up to 399 °C (762 °F)
- Reduced life cycle costs by preventing downtime due to motor lubricant failure
- Longer component use-life, less downtime and less frequent re-lubrication
- No oxidation and low volatility
- Undamaged by — and non-reactive with — acidic or caustic cleaners and disinfectants, steam, moisture and high temperatures
- Ideal for all components, including bearings, seals, valves, O-rings, chains, gearboxes and agitators
- Minimal environmental footprint
- Chemically and biologically inert and silicone-free
- Safe for use around oxygen, and non-reactive with chemicals typically used in industrial applications
- Contain no volatile organic compound (VOC) materials or chlorine
Compatibility with Metals.
With approximately 40-60% of electric motor failures related to bearings, it’s easy to see why proper lubrication can be so important to a motor’s life and reliability. Krytox® greases are exceptional because they do not oxidize; meaning deposits that can affect bearing life are prevented from developing. Plus, their enhanced film-forming ability decreases bearing wear. On top of these features, Krytox® greases are also:
- Non-flammable and offer extremely high tolerance to heat and chemicals
- Capable of providing twice the lubrication film thickness to help protect the bearing surfaces
- Chemically inert, with oxidative stability
- Resistant to corrosion and rust during storage and in wet environments
- Not miscible with steam and water
- Free of VOCs and chlorinated materials
Compatibility with Metals